Raleigh Oaks is proud to offer
Services and Support for Older Adults
Respectful Care. Carefully Given.
Reduced independence and other stresses associated with aging can result in significant shifts in the lives of seniors. A sudden or prolonged change in behavior or mood may indicate the presence of or be a precursor to mental illness. Often, highly specialized care designed specifically to address senior or geriatric psychological issues may be required.
The Senior Adult Program Includes:
Senior Warning Signs
The Senior Adult Program at Raleigh Oaks is designed to support aging adults who are experiencing acute symptoms of psychiatric disorders or emotional illness. Patients may be struggling with mental health disorders and/or substance use or dependence. Their conditions may present themselves in numerous ways including:
- Suicidal thoughts or suicide attempts
- Severe depression
- Feelings of isolation
- Prolonged grief or sadness
- Hallucinations or delusions
- Agitation or inappropriate verbal, vocal, or motor activities
- Sudden change in mental acuity
- Disordered thinking
- Aggressive behavior
- Sundown Syndrome with severe disruptions of daily living activities
- Medication non-compliance
Senior Program Admission Criteria
- An imminent risk for self-injury, with an inability to manage or develop a safety plan
- An imminent risk for injury to others
- Serious deterioration from the patient’s baseline ability to fulfill age-appropriate responsibility and management of activities of daily living
- At imminent risk for medical status deterioration due to the presence and/or treatment of active psychiatric symptoms.
- Able to benefit from psychiatric intervention/treatment to decrease or manage presenting psychiatric symptoms.